Investing in Your Child's Education
Below is a breakdown of the 2022-2023 tuition rates. You will also find valuable links to find financial aid opportunities.
If you have any questions at all, feel free to contact Carol Gale.
The Hope Scholarship
Hope Scholarship is the state’s education savings account program that gives parents an opportunity to build an individual learning experience that works best for their child. The scholarship allows K-12 students to receive financial assistance that can be used for tuition, fees and other expenses.
To qualify for the Hope Scholarship Program in the 2022-2023 academic year, a student must be a West Virginia resident and be one of the following:
Eligible for or required to be enrolled in kindergarten
Enrolled full-time in public elementary or secondary school in West Virginia for an entire instructional term of the 2021-2022 academic year
Enrolled full-time and attending a public elementary or secondary school in West Virginia for at least 45 calendar days during the current instructional term at the time of application
Financial Aid is available to both Catholic and non-Catholic students through Diocesan, Parish and School funding.
To apply for Financial Aid:
FACTS online- All applicants (Catholics and non-Catholics) MUST apply online for Financial Aid with
Submit most recent Tax Return documentation
Complete the attached Scholarship Application
Attach most recent report cards of students
Submit completed application with supporting documentation to the Principal, Dr. Templeton by deadline
Assistance will be based on financial need. No more than 50% of the tuition amount after FACTS, may be subsidized for each child applying for assistance.
TOMI SCHAFFER SCHOLARSHIP FUND Application
Tuition Assistance Process for Phase I Financial Aid with the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston opens on February 1, 2022 and will close of April 30, 2022. We strongly encourage you to apply during this time!
Fast Facts about St. Joe
St. Joseph Catholic School
1326 6th Avenue
Huntington, WV 25701
Monsignor Dean Borgmeyer
Dr. Carol Templeton
About the School:
- Founded in 1872
- A private parochial school for boys and girls
- Nursery (6 weeks and older) through 8th grade
- Catholic but all denominations are warmly welcomed
- Two classes per grade level
- Highly qualified West Virginia Licensed teachers
- Additional mathematic levels for Primary, Intermediate and Middle school grades
- Highly Differentiated and Academically challenging curriculum provided
- Intervention and remediation support provided
- Title I services offered
- Speech services offered
- First line diagnostic testing
- High School credits available on the middle school level (Math, Spanish and Latin)
- Advanced technology integration and one-to-one device initiative
- Virtual reality technology
- Enrichment program
- Universal Pre-K4 program
- VEX Robotics
- Makerspace Learning Centr and 3D printing
- STEAM Pre-School Program
- Experienced faculty with experience in art and music.
- Pixar in a Box STEM program integration
- Weekly art and music instruction beginning in Pre-School.
- Art camps offered throughout the year for music and art.
- All students create artwork for school's annual Art Show
- Students in Pre-School through 8th grade perform in musical productions throughout the year.
- Students in 3rd grade and above learn to play string instruments
- Band offered for middle school-aged students
Students & Faculty:
- Enrollment: 415
- All major religions of the world represented at St. Joseph Catholic School
- Over 30 nationalities enrolled
- 100% of our faculty and administration have earned bachelor’s degrees.
- More than 87% of our faculty have earned advanced master’s degrees.
- Students have the opportunity for individual support from highly-trained educators.
(Electives are offered to all middle school aged students)
- Advanced Art
- Media Studies
- Offer eight different sports for students - basketball, cheerleading, cross country, golf, soccer, tennis, track and volleyball. Archery and lacrosse are also available as club sports.
- Offer a Soccery Academy for Pre-School through 8th grade. Students are trained by highly qualified and endorsed coaches with extensive experience in the sport.
- Our coaching staff are experienced coaches with required VIRTUS training as well as suggested concussion, first aid, and CPR training.
- Outstanding athletic facilities including two full-size gymnasiums, track and practice field.
Societies, Club and Competitions:
- Junior Honor Society
- VEX Robotics
- Triple I
- Elevated Writing
- Advance Art Studio
- Spelling Bee
- Science/Social Studies Fair
- Math Field Day
- Geography Bee
- Golden Horseshoe
- Camp Magis (7th Grade)
- Washington D.C. Trip (8th Grade)
- Our middle school students devote many hands-on hours to the community during the middle school years, demonstrating that serving others is a way of life that all students at St. Joseph should adopt.
- St. Joseph works with local and national community service organizations, including Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, Women in Education, Hoops Children's Hospital, Toys for Tots, American Heart Association, Blessing in a Backpack, local public schools' food pantries, and the Huntington City Mission, to name a few.