Fast Facts about St. Joe
St. Joseph Catholic School
1326 6th Avenue
Huntington, WV 25701
Monsignor Dean Borgmeyer
Dr. Carol Templeton
About the School:
- Founded in 1872
- A private parochial school for boys and girls
- Nursery (6 weeks and older) through 8th grade
- Catholic but all denominations are warmly welcomed
- Two classes per grade level
- Highly qualified West Virginia Licensed teachers
- Additional mathematic levels for Primary, Intermediate and Middle school grades
- Highly Differentiated and Academically challenging curriculum provided
- Intervention and remediation support provided
- Title I services offered
- Speech services offered
- First line diagnostic testing
- High School credits available on the middle school level (Math, Spanish and Latin)
- Advanced technology integration and one-to-one device initiative
- Virtual reality technology
- Enrichment program
- Universal Pre-K4 program
- VEX Robotics
- Makerspace Learning Centr and 3D printing
- STEAM Pre-School Program
- Experienced faculty with experience in art and music.
- Pixar in a Box STEM program integration
- Weekly art and music instruction beginning in Pre-School.
- Art camps offered throughout the year for music and art.
- All students create artwork for school's annual Art Show
- Students in Pre-School through 8th grade perform in musical productions throughout the year.
- Students in 3rd grade and above learn to play string instruments
- Band offered for middle school-aged students
Students & Faculty:
- Enrollment: 415
- All major religions of the world represented at St. Joseph Catholic School
- Over 30 nationalities enrolled
- 100% of our faculty and administration have earned bachelor’s degrees.
- More than 87% of our faculty have earned advanced master’s degrees.
- Students have the opportunity for individual support from highly-trained educators.
(Electives are offered to all middle school aged students)
- Advanced Art
- Media Studies
- Offer eight different sports for students - basketball, cheerleading, cross country, golf, soccer, tennis, track and volleyball. Archery and lacrosse are also available as club sports.
- Offer a Soccery Academy for Pre-School through 8th grade. Students are trained by highly qualified and endorsed coaches with extensive experience in the sport.
- Our coaching staff are experienced coaches with required VIRTUS training as well as suggested concussion, first aid, and CPR training.
- Outstanding athletic facilities including two full-size gymnasiums, track and practice field.
Societies, Club and Competitions:
- Junior Honor Society
- VEX Robotics
- Triple I
- Elevated Writing
- Advance Art Studio
- Spelling Bee
- Science/Social Studies Fair
- Math Field Day
- Geography Bee
- Golden Horseshoe
- Camp Magis (7th Grade)
- Washington D.C. Trip (8th Grade)
- Our middle school students devote many hands-on hours to the community during the middle school years, demonstrating that serving others is a way of life that all students at St. Joseph should adopt.
- St. Joseph works with local and national community service organizations, including Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, Women in Education, Hoops Children's Hospital, Toys for Tots, American Heart Association, Blessing in a Backpack, local public schools' food pantries, and the Huntington City Mission, to name a few.